Fahrenheit IT is seeking to hire experienced and highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer.
As a member of the Hardware Engineering Team, the position is responsible for providing design and technical expertise in area of assigned development activities.
• Lead establishment of design requirements from VOC and translate into objective, testable lower level engineering requirements.
• Lead internal and/or external design activities to support development of new technologies and complete functional systems including manufacturing processes.
• Prepare schematics, simulations, prototypes, PCB layouts, specifications, bills of materials, assembly drawings, and other documents as required to manufacture or support product.
• Lead, develop, implement characterization and/or design verification strategies for existing and new designs.
• Prepare and/or review design change requests including V&V activities supporting design changes.
• Perform analysis of designs for risk, hazard, test, assembly, manufacturability, etc.
• Contribute to the IP landscape via invention disclosures, disclosure expansion, and patent filings.
• Support Manufacturing and root cause analysis of product failures as required.
• Perform technical writing and develop/deliver presentations as required.
Qualifications & Required Skills
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 7+ years of related experience OR Master’s degree in Engineering and 5+ years related experience.
• Demonstrated experience in both analog and digital electronic design/development that includes use of microcontrollers. Embedded software experience a plus.
• Ability to create limited SW applications (e.g., Lab View) a plus.
• Ability to design and implement FPGA logic in VHDL is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with design test creation and execution. EMC / EMI compliance testing experience a plus.
• Familiarization with and practical knowledge of simulation tools.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated successes in the development of complete medical systems including electronics and software is preferred.
• Must be able to weigh, document, articulate the strategic and tactical alternatives that deliver complete, reliable, and safe systems that meet customer needs.
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)