Automation Pharmacy Technician IV
The Automation Pharmacy Technician IV is responsible for maintaining and utilizing Omnicell automation product as directed by the Customer during his/her scheduled hours. Automation Pharmacy Technician IV will prepare and maintain the Omnicell automation equipment for daily use, perform general equipment troubleshooting, maintain optimal medication inventory levels, review and maintain reports. The Automation Pharmacy Technician IV will identify any customer concerns to the Manager, Pharmacy Operations
* Perform return and restocking duties to optimize the customer's use of automation.
* Monitor and maintain formulary inventory levels to ensure availability of medications for daily dispensing.
* Responsible for prescribed maintenance of automation products and reporting unresolved issues to the Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
* Recommend drugs to be added to automation products based on data usage, demand, and workflow.
* Perform daily and periodic cleaning of the equipment according to recommended best practices.
* Inspect robot cell daily for issues, wear and functionality.
* Resolve common system issues.
* Monitor trends to help determine root cause of issues.
* Maintain a high level of communication to ensure proactive, solution-oriented problem identification and resolution.
* Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by aligning the Pharmacy Services program to provide customer-focused support emphasizing quality, professionalism and responsiveness.
* Conduct orientation and training, and ensure completion of all required documents and compliance with all procedures and policies.
* Promote and optimize customer product ownership and satisfaction by serving as a skilled resource.
* Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement.
* Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a co-operative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
* Comply with reasonable procedures, policies and guidelines established by the Customer facility.
* Maintain fiscal responsibility for work-related expenses associated with timekeeping and per diem employees.
* Maintain state and/or national credentialing to meet established guidelines.
* Must be available to travel to various customer or corporate locations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
* Good organizational skills, accurate, reliable and efficient.
* Demonstrated customer-facing skills.
* Strong interpersonal, communications and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work with mechanical equipment.
* Working knowledge of computer hardware, PC Windows.
* High school diploma or GED
* Current PTCB Certification
* State Pharmacy Technician Registration/License (If Applicable)
* Two years of experience in hospital pharmacy or healthcare industry.
* Working knowledge of pharmacy automation
* Knowledge/experience with IV Compounding
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
* Three years of experience working in related field.
* Knowledge of safe handling of hazardous medications
* Experience implementing and supporting of clinical solutions within healthcare
* Pharmacy environment.
* Capable of standing for several hours at a time.
* Potential exposure to hazardous drugs.
* Must be able to travel.
* Able to lift 25 - 30 lbs.
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
- Clinical Works
- Computer Architectures