EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technical Accountant. Follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technical Accountant on Twitter.
Echostar has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Accountant. This is a highly-visible individual-contributor role with lots of opportunity to see the big picture and interact with other teams – Executives, Finance, Operations, Internal Audit, IT, and Subsidiary Management teams, to name a few. The ideal candidate must be able to take initiative, have a solid understanding of technical accounting, SOX compliance, financial statement reporting as well as understanding of consolidating close process. This position will be located in Denver, CO.
- Responsible for researching complex technical accounting issues, drafting technical memos, researching and writing accounting policies.
- Draft technical memos and succinctly present issues and conclusions to management
- Responsible to lead accounting policies project to standardize the Company’s critical accounting policies globally to all our international and domestic subsidiaries
- Assist operational accounting teams with complex accounting rules for revenue recognition, leases, impairment, investments and acquisitions for our global organization.
- Assist with timely adoption of all required Accounting Standards Updates
- Perform ongoing assessments for areas like impairment, fair value accounting, etc.
- Assist with the external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture financial reports, employee benefit plan audits and statutory audits
- Assist with maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA – Active
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, including experience in a technical accounting role
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, and SEC regulations, IFRS experience a plus
- Public Accounting experience, especially if involved with “National Office” / “Technical Desk” of a firm, will be a significant plus,
- Prior experience analyzing and implementing new accounting standards across an organization
- Experience with international consolidations, USGAAP reconciliations and translations, including foreign currency accounting issues, a significant plus
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- Ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Self-starter who can work effectively to get projects done in an excellent manner
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
Annual Salary: $108,500.00 - $180,000.00
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance
- Internal Auditing
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Revenue Recognition