To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SIGNAL SUPPORT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
United States Army • Chico, CA
Posted 1 day ago
Signal support systems specialists are primarily responsible for working with battlefield signal support systems and terminal devices. This equipment needs to consistently work in order for the Army to direct the movement of its troops.
- Maintain radio and data distribution systems
- Perform signal support functions and technical assistance for computer systems
- Provide technical assistance and training for local area networks
- Maintenance for equipment, terminal devices, assigned vehicles and power generators
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a signal support systems specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Mechanical and electrical principles
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Line installation and wiring techniques
- Communication security policies and procedures
- Interest in working with electronic equipment
- Good at solving problems