To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Xylem • Yellow Springs, OH
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative and smart technology solutions to the world’s water and energy utility challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. With its November 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics to its portfolio of solutions for water, gas and electric utilities. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2016 revenue of $3.8 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands. The Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
The Role: YSI, A Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and upgrading production equipment and systems. This role will provide the services of preventative maintenance and calibration to assembly equipment, test equipment, instrumentation and process systems in a manufacturing environment. Additionally this role will troubleshoot manufacturing problems due to equipment issues and resolve in an efficient manner.
Come join a winning team providing technology solutions to protect water resources for all generations. Check out our Mission: Water Magazine.
- Improve and maintain the eMaint X3 database that manages the life cycle and preventative maintenance of all new and existing YSI-Ohio production assets (assembly and test equipment, instrumentation) to achieve product quality and production goals. Coordinate and perform preventative maintenance of tools and fixtures.
- Improve and maintain the eMaint X3 database that manages the life cycle and calibration of all new and existing YSI-Ohio production assets (assembly and test equipment, instrumentation) to achieve product quality and production goals. Coordinate and/or perform calibration of gauges and test equipment.
- Improve and maintain the eMaint X3 database that manages the spare parts and special equipment required to maintenance and/or calibrate all new and existing YSI-Ohio production assets (assembly and test equipment, instrumentation) to achieve product quality and production goals.
- Coordinate and perform daily/weekly preventative maintenance activities, working closely with production schedules and any required outside services. Use of predictive maintenance techniques is encouraged.
- Coordinate, assist with and/or perform monthly calibration activities, working closely with production schedules and outside calibration services.
- Manage the routing of all assets that leave YSI-Ohio for calibration. Work with production to schedule around or provide back-up solutions.
- Act as the primary liaison between Operations’ associates and Manufacturing Engineering to evaluate manufacturing issues that arise (especially those related to equipment).
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems, make recommendations for corrective actions, and help execute corrective actions.
- Act as the engineering team’s safety guide. Review all new production equipment with operators, engineers and advise on safety concerns related to operators and maintenance. Recommend and implement suggested countermeasures.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, design engineers and outside equipment vendors during process development to assure that reliability and maintainability are designed into all manufacturing equipment.
- Create simplified preventative maintenance and calibration processes that achieve goals for standard work, product quality, and customer satisfaction
- Work with Operations’ associates and Manufacturing Engineering to generate and submit PCNs (Process Change Notices) and ECs (engineering changes) to correct or improve equipment and processes.
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred (Electronics background highly desired)
- Maintenance and Calibration training or certification is desired
- +3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing equipment issues
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel required)
- Technical writing skills necessary to create work procedures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds (10% of the time)
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds (remainder)
- Forty-hour week with moderate overtime requirements to meet business needs.
- Expectation = support the production schedule (both during production hours and during production downtime).