To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX 78746
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting
Farm Credit Bank of Texas • Austin, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Financial Reporting and is responsible for compiling, reviewing, analyzing, and preparing various financial information on a monthly, quarterly, annual and as-needed basis, for the Board of Directors, the Bank management team, the Farm Credit Administration (FCA), Farm Credit Funding Corporation and our stockholders. Examples include preparing combined financial statements, financial performance highlights and ratios with analysis and commentary, and reports on the bank’s capital position. This position also requires an understanding of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements, which includes maintaining current SOX controls as they are outlined and assisting with the bank’s administration of SOX reviews, policy changes, and documentation.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly shareholder reports, regulatory reporting, and quarterly earnings releases.
- Prepare source documents to meet SOX requirements. This includes, but is not limited to monthly, quarterly, annual reporting.
- Prepare required PBC schedules for internal and external audit as needed.
- Prepare a variety of statistical information and reporting for the Bank’s Board report.
- Analyze financial results and effectively communicate findings.
- Participate in the implementation of new policies, modifications to existing policies, and design improvements to streamline work processes and procedures.
- Effective time management of workload while collaboratively partnering with others inside and outside of workgroup to ensure tasks are completed accurately and timely.
What You Bring to the Team:
A degree in accounting or related field, plus four (4) or more years work experience in financial reporting and/or accounting or finance. A CPA certification is preferred but not required.
- Public accounting and/or SEC Reporting experience preferred
- Hands on experience drafting Form 10-Q/K reports preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and be able to apply them to the Bank’s accounting issues.
- Position requires skills in or knowledge of combined financial statement presentation, SOX, financial analysis, excellent communication skills, and time management.
- Candidate must also possess strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify problems and assist with implementing solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Prior experience shall include proficiency with personal computers, including the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, and knowledge of other financial reporting tools.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
Principals only, please.