is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Training & Control Systems (TCS), Fort Walton Beach, FL, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS TCS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Responsible for supervising the company's inventory control activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for receiving, storing, and distributing raw materials and processing/shipping finished products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates implementation of business processes, procedures and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. Government export / import regulations and Company policies
- Reviews and obtains Trade Manager or Group Trade Director approval for the export / import of goods and provides support in the movement of goods
- Provides reports and updates metrics pertaining to various elements including compliance of the export / import processes
- Maintains export / import files and records in accordance with U.S. Government export / import regulations and Company policy
- Assists in collection of local training needs as it relates to export / import requirements and provides this data to Trade Manager or Group Trade Director
- Facilitates DRS business by assisting with implementing and maintaining internal export / import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export / import regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, and Importation of Arms, Ammunition and Implements of War Regulations
- Executing/Generating CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of supplies, equipment, services and materials may be required.
- Perform a variety of general tactical duties as required to support purchasing activities.
- Under direct supervision, may assist I negotiations and apply limited knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers. May resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- May assist in sourcing initiatives
- Communicate supplier performance
- Supervises the company's inventory control activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for receiving, storing, and Processing/shipping finished products.
- Supervises employees involved in the physical movement of work in process (WIP) and inbound and outbound shipments. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to logistics, distribution, material handling, import-export of products, and shipment of products from point of origin to point of delivery.
- supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Provides strong leadership and develops a cohesive, high performing team.
- Works closely with the import-export-trade compliance and corporate transportation teams
- Selects, mentors, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the Shipping and Logistics function
- Coordinate both inbound and outbound logistics operations to ensure achievement of safety, On Time Delivery (OTD), cost, productivity, inventory accuracy and other goals as assigned
- Maintain metrics, customer service logs, process maps, records involving safety and training
- Drive a culture of Continuous Improvement within the assigned area of responsibility
- Assists with improvements in policies and procedures to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs
- May participate in preparation of proposals
- Supports, communicates and defends the mission, values and culture of the company.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #AIS
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; minimum 5 years’ experience
- Requires working knowledge of government required documents and military packaging requirements (e.g. MIL-STD 2073), Government Furnished Material (GFM) as well as FAR and DFAR requirements
- Previous inventory control experience
- Import and Export experience required; must be knowledgeable in import and export regulations and procedures to ensure legal and regulatory compliance associated with the United States Departments of State and Commerce
- Ability to supervise a group independently
- Requires experience in Continuous Improvement
- Ability to Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Experience in Deltek/Costpoint MRP system
- Experience in trade compliance preferred
- APICS Certification desired, but not required
Packaging And Labeling