Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Electrician Installer Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for an Electrician Installer to join our Maintenance and Services team. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 30+ states and several U.S. territories. All customer service calls are handled in-house. We utilize a highly skilled team of technicians, as well as third-party service providers to maintain and service our fleet.
The Electrician Installer’s primary responsibility is to support Operations & Maintenance (O&M) activities by providing quick responses, maintaining solar system performance, delivering excellent customer service to our customers, ensuring a smooth workflow, and optimally performing solar systems. This position uses troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair solar systems at our customer’s residences, including rooftop systems.
The Electrician Installer positions fall in a 5 -Tier structure based on technical experience/competencies, licensure status, equipment training/competencies, certifications, and defined leadership behaviors. Selected candidate(s) are eligible for a position within the appropriate tier.
Electrician Installer Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge, skills, and electrical testing equipment to evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty repairs, design, and other purposes; diagnoses and repairs solar and storage systems, and electrical components
- Installs and maintains EV chargers and battery storage systems according to engineering designs, permits and electrical code
- Completes quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within defined timelines
- Submits service reports immediately following work order completion
- Collaborates closely with manufacturers and engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Identifies solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
- Provides training to service staff on system operation such as how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Develops and uses knowledge of all roof-types, and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs
- Manages vehicle-material stock and equipment inventory
- Maintains compliance with all Sunnova Safety policies and practices
- Provides training to customers about service process, system usage, operation, performance and maintenance
- Manages and resolves customer concerns and issues in a timely manner; communicates and documents progress to customer and relevant Sunnova employees
- Documents key communications in appropriate Sunnova software
- Develops positive and professional relationships with dealers and service-only providers within an assigned service area
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- 1+ years’ experience as an electrician, solar installer, or solar maintenance technician
- Current, valid Driver’s license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing English
- Working knowledge of the NEC
- CA Residential or General License
- OSHA 30 Certified
- Formal apprenticeship and/or vocational training
- 1 + years’ experience in the solar electric industry preferred.
- 3+ years’ electrical experience
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Organized and maintains a professional appearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Location varies with job site
- Estimated 10% travel time
- Driving required; needs valid Driver's license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be willing to travel for some projects depending on jobsite
- Long hours spent outside on residential rooftops, driving to customer residences, some ground and rooftop work.
- Various weather conditions include cold and snowy, hot and humid, and everything in between; must be comfortable working in different environments
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs; assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulder
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.