Apex Systems is seeking experienced candidates for a Tolling Plant Supervisor role in the Pittsburgh area.
Tolling Plant Supervisor
- Directs the activities of the Tolling operations to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers’ requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Analyzes tolling operations to ensure that the facility maintains a leadership position in the industry and that it takes advantage of new processes and technologies that become available.
- Ensures that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI) are developed, used and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Implements plant safety programs and ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP’s).
- Is responsible for all corporate, customer and government audits to ensure compliance.
- Is responsible for environmental compliance.
- Is responsible for recommending adjustments to staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendation.
- Is responsible for providing input in succession planning and development of Tolling staff.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Is responsible for maintenance planning, troubleshooting, and corrective actions in timely and high quality level.
- Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates in Management or Industrial Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of experience in steam power or equivalent management preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience within a production plant or steam power production plant.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team or department.
- Must be familiar with GMP standards.
- Proficient understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Proven track record of improved results in the areas of quality, safety, service and cost.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, and solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
If interested, apply online and send your resume to Email blocked - click to apply!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Coaching And Mentoring
Employee Performance Management
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1000308
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile