We are seeking a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) to join our TEAM in On-Call status for Nights!
Located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, a forested community about 30 minutes east of Washington, D.C., the IAFF Center of Excellence welcomes Fire Fighters and Paramedics. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with co-occurring substance abuse is a major issue in fire houses across North America, and we deliver treatment in a Residential setting.
The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is responsible for monitoring patients in treatment, and reporting as indicated. The BHT also assists patients in a variety of patient activities, and helps maintain a safe and secure environment.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with facility program rules in a firm-but-fair and professional manner.
- Maintain healthy and professional boundaries with patients and staff.
- Ensure that documentation is timely, consistent, clear, accurate, legible, and secure at all times.
- Encourage patients to maintain Recovery post-discharge.
- May provide transportation of patients.
- High School or GED; Associate's Degree preferred.
- Preferred college enrollment (not required) with related majors.
- CNA, MA, CBHT helpful (not required). We will also welcome those who have one of these certifications in process.
- Must be available for Night shifts.
We invite you to learn more about us at the IAFF URL blocked - click to apply!
IAFF Center of Excellence is part of Advanced Recovery Systems, a national integrated behavior healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. The Company complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO.
We are proud to be a drug-free workplace.
#LI-MV1 #CB ARSIND