To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Janesville, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Internship
Blain's Farm and Fleet • Janesville, WI
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Founded in 1955, Blain's Farm & Fleet stores are specialty discount retailers with locations throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa. Our philosophy is simple: offer customer’s good, honest value by providing the best brands available at the lowest price possible. We’re looking for candidates for our Help Desk/IT Internship. Our innovative, goal-oriented Internship Program is designed to prepare you for various aspects of Information Technology. This program consists of paid, intensive hands-on training and focuses on teaching you the skills to be successful in computer systems, networks, and overall information technology.
The Help Desk/IT Intern would perform excellent customer service and learn the tasks, roles, and responsibilities of Information Technology, along with other assigned duties.
Additional responsibilities of the Help Desk/IT Internship include:
- Monitor Corporate Help Desk requests and determine appropriate response
- Support end-users remotely or in person
- Perform desktop system OS and application setup
- Perform non-warranty equipment repair
- Troubleshoot printing issues
- Coordinate equipment service/repair with third party vendors
- Perform setup, diagnostic, and simple repair of personal computer and printer hardware
- Establish and track calls through helpdesk software
- Perform asset tracking for computer equipment
- Provide basic training for use of desktop, notebook and handheld computers
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and/or procedures
- Follow Internship Timeline as designated in Internship Orientation
Successful candidates for the Help Desk/IT Internship must be enrolled in an accredited University or College and be graduating within 12-18 months of the Internship.
Additional requirements of the Help Desk/IT Internship include:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background checks