The Opportunity | Accounting Manager
The accounting manager's goal is to fulfill revenue objectives and adhere to accounting and reporting policies. This includes reviewing and analyzing finances, ensuring compliance with regulations and refining reporting documentation. This is all performed all while verifying the integrity and accuracy of financial operations, safeguarding organizational assets and developing efficient business processes to record revenue. The accounting manager is also responsible for overseeing certain contracts as it relates to financial reporting, supporting strategic planning for accounting policies and maintaining internal controls over financial transactions. Your Challenge:
• Managing the general accounting function.
• Directs financial portion of the Bid and Proposal process, supporting new and existing contracts and all government contracts within the group
• Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Your Expertise:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline required.
• Designation of CPA preferred.
• At least 10+ years of experience in the field of accounting.
• Minimum of 5 years in a supervising role
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Government Accounting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel.
• Extensive working Knowledge of Government contract requirements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Prior experience preparing information for audits.
• Strong organization skills, flexibility and the ability to set priorities.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle concurrent demands.
• Work accurately with close attention to detail.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles