This position is responsible for facilitating compliance with OSHA and environmental guidelines in all operating divisions. The main goal will be to ensure the safety of all employees, make sure all projects are up to code, and provide advice and recommendations for safety improvements throughout the corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep our associates safe!
- Assist local management in understanding OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Investigate accidents and injuries, work with local management on corrective actions, and keep Corporate Management informed of pertinent details.
- Visit divisions and work sites on a regular basis to conduct safety audits and review working conditions. Prepare audit reports with corrective actions and work with local management to implement those actions.
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for associates.
- Research, plan and formulate new and revised safety programs and policies; make recommendations and provide training and implementation for those that are approved.
- Review company accident and incident statistics and make recommendations for correction in problem areas.
- Maintain OSHA Logs for all divisions. Responsible for submitting and posting of the logs.
- Manage the Worker's Compensation process including claims, billing, and reporting.
- Oversee disposal of hazardous substances according to environmental guidelines
- Maintain compliance of on-line safety sites - PICS, ISN, PEC, etc.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job duties and responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4-5 years of previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
Current knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on safety and prevention, loss control, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and environmental issues.
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and walk through the work day.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proven customer service skills.
Ability to prioritize and plan team and individual work activities.
Valid Driver's License.
Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Code Of Federal Regulations