To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Overland Park, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Netsmart • Overland Park, KS
Posted 1 month ago
This individual will report directly to the Accounting Supervisor and will be responsible for preparing journal entries and reconciliations for the monthly general ledger close as well as assisting in the preparation and distribution of various financial reports.
- Prepare and post journal entries, including the maintenance of standard journal entries. Adhere to monthly closing calendar deadlines and communicate any issues on a timely basis.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations; including bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for other duties associated with the month-end close procedures, such a report generation, reconciliation and maintenance.
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual audit and interim procedures.
- Assists with researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to record and correct transactions.
- Provide analytic analysis for variances in assigned balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Continuously identify, develop, and implement process improvements and internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation, review and filing of sales and use tax documents and returns and tracking of under/over payments.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Support the Manager, Corporate Accounting and Accounting Supervisor with ad-hoc reports and special projects as directed.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Specialized skills and knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of database management
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Minimum of 2 plus years accounting and financial reporting experience
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and against established deadlines
- Attention to detail with excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate across organizational functions
- Accounting software experience, Great Plains preferred
- CPA preferred
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience. Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.