This position requires travel to multiple states in the Mid Atlantic Region of the country
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
How about an added bonus of help with paying down your student loans? Nurse Practitioners hired into Traveler roles are eligible to receive a sign on bonus OR three years of student loan repayment assistance through our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. This could mean up to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as the opportunity to pay down your student loan faster!
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members, Community and State and several other plans. The Traveler Nurse Practitioner assignments will be defined based on current business needs.
- Travel up to 100%
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge, judgment and current findings
- Communicate gaps in care to member’s PCP
- Identify referral needs
- Identify urgent and emergent situations for proper intervention
- Educate members on topics related to health conditions and promotion
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- FNP, GNP, ANP, board certified or eligible with an active, unencumbered licensure free any open / unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Ability to travel by public transportation (eg. Trains, Airplanes, Subways, Ferry, etc.)
- Ability to travel to member’s visit location
- Ability to travel to assigned locations
- Proficient with electronic medical records and the internet
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of care and up and down stairs as needed
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Home Health Care or Nursing Home experience
- Solid communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Detailed oriented; dependable and reliable
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus and/or Loan Repayment is available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus or Loan Repayment unless they are newly moving to this role Traveling Nurse Practitioner.
Also eligible for the pilot will be current Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who newly transfer into one of the open traveler roles
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Home Health, Primary Care, Pittsburgh, Fairfax, New Castle, Philadelphia, PA, Virginia, VA, Delware, DE, Delaware, CS2021RU