NOC Transport Technican I/II
Our largest privately-owned telecommunications client is searching for a NOC Transport Technician II to join their team in Columbia, SC; you will provide 24-hour continuous support for mission critical services to ensure uninterrupted flow of all data and services for their customers. You will be responsible for the Core and Distribution Network elements along with fiber to the tower and fiber plant repair coordination.
This is a direct hire, hourly position and you must be available to work and of the following shifts Monday-Friday: 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 3pm-11pm, 11:pm-7am. The hourly pay range for this role is $25-$28/hr.
Relocation assistance is available for those that want to call Columbia, SC home. This is a great opportunity for growth, exposure to the NOC environment, and training and education reimbursement opportunities as well
If you’re a NOC Transport technician with a telecom background looking to grow with a family-oriented business, submit a resume today!
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the NOC Transport Technician
- Advanced technical support response inside the Network Operations Center (NOC) to respond to alerts in a timely manner and initiate network element system/subsystem interaction to restore network service.
- Create trouble ticket which includes a comprehensive problem statement from any source IE: an alarm, initiated from customer or an escalation from various external and internal organizations.
- You will proactively monitor, resolve applications, remotely configure, manage and troubleshoot the network and central offices for trouble resolution. You will perform these tasks using various standard tools, internal ticketing systems and monitoring consoles.
- Able to recognize issues/defects that will impact the NMS implementation and monitoring.
- The technical support response inside the Network Operations Center (NOC) to respond to alerts in a timely manner and initiate network element system/subsystem interaction to restore network service.
- You will be a first level escalation point of contact. Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
- Answer customer calls and work issues via trouble ticket proficiently and independently.
- You will be the advanced technical support working inside a Network Operations Center (NOC) to respond to NOC alerts in a timely manner and initiate network element system/subsystem interaction to restore network service.
- You will lead and coordinate trouble resolution with field personnel, Engineering personnel, NOC management team, and vendor support teams.
- You will coordinate trouble resolution with carriers and third-party providers.
- You will remotely configure, manage and troubleshoot the network and central offices equipment for trouble resolution. Provide high level technical support for repair of Ethernet, IP equipment, SONET, DWDM, ROADM, Digital Cross-Connect (DCS), multiplexer, channel bank, network timing (BITS), and DLC.
- You will make decisions and take actions to prevent network interruptions and service degradation.
- Perform any other duties assigned by NOC Manager.
Qualifications of the NOC Transport Technician I/II
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Associate Degree in a technical discipline, and 2 years in the telecom/data industry or 4 years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required
- Expert knowledge and troubleshooting with TDM, SONET/OTN, and WDM technologies.
- Expert knowledge and troubleshooting with Ethernet, Packet switching, and MPLS-TP technologies.
- Ability to work any shift to support the 24/7/365 needs of the business and on call support duties
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Provide incident review and analysis requests to determine root cause and future mitigation
- Provide assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions
- Provide training to peers and or Operations Technicians
- Publish support bulletins/job aids
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with desktop applications and able to utilize a computer for extended periods
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Experience with Change Management and escalation methodologies
Contact Mary Dickson at Email blocked - click to apply with questions regarding this posting. A Word resume is preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer. #dice
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Installations (Computer Systems)