General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking Enterprise Network Architect in the Springfield, Virginia area.
The Enterprise Architect provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff, develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines, and advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development.
This position requires expert technical background in the IT networking industry, in particular, aspects like configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of large complex DoD enterprise networks. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge of the DISN IP networks. The candidate must have proven experience working on projects through the entire project lifecycle, while maintaining high customer satisfaction. Candidate must be able to develop design plans based off of network requirements. Candidate will be working with a team of engineers to sustain, configure, document, and deploy an enterprise network for a DoD agency in alignment with DoDs migration to JIE (JRSS, MPLS, ICAN, Cloud).
Primary duties include:
- Leading projects involving multiple engineers of varying skill levels and act as a Tier V engineer for troubleshooting the USAF & Defense Logistics Agency network.
- Providing technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception (design) through implementation.
- Training and mentoring other engineers as needed.
- Troubleshooting network, server and storage issues.
- Creating manuals, support documentation, and knowledge archives for all projects undertaken.
- Optimizing existing networks, servers and storage by adjusting parameters; recommending improvements and evaluating new technologies as they relate to the customer network.
- Developing and sustaining NMS tools and establish monitoring policies and signatures.
- Using a ticketing system to create, update, and resolve agency network related tickets.
- Ensuring proper capacity planning in concert with network, systems and storage architectural designs and migrations.
- Expert hands-on working experience with as many of the following as possible: routers & switches(Cisco preferred), Cisco Nexus switch platforms, F5 load balancers/application delivery controllers, Checkpoint Firewalls, and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Expert hands-on working experience with as many of the following as possible: compute and storage technologies including; fabric interconnects, UCS, MDS switches, VNX arrays, and VMware deployments.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and associated routing protocols such as (M)BGP, OSPF, etc
- Expert knowledge of MPLS protocols and services such as LDP/RSVP, L2 and L3 VPN technologies, etc
- Strong knowledge of storage area network (SAN) design and implementation including FC, FCoE, and iSCSI.
- Strong knowledge of DISA STIG guidance and experience implementing DISA STIGs to secure DoD enclaves for the above technologies.
- Strong knowledge of DISA Security Requirements guide (SRG) & Functional Requirements Document (FRD) requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies and architectures, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of automation tools such as Python, Ansible, Git, Powershell etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues with tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler, Solarwinds.
- Strong knowledge with VMware based compute and storage technologies including: fabric interconnects, UCS B series, MDS switches, VNX arrays, and VMware deployments.
- Knowledge with VMware ESXi 6.5 and later, vSphere Distributed Switches, vCenter, Platform Services Controllers (PSC), etc.
- Competence with MS Visio and PowerPoint to update and maintain network design documentation, and develop design plans to be populated among various engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of SATCOM engineering solutions.
- Knowledge of JIE concepts such as Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS), MPLS, and Installation Campus Area Network (ICAN) standards is preferred.
Required Certifications and Clearance:
• DoD 8570 IAT III Compliant Certification: (CompTIA CASP, CISSP, etc).
• Cisco CCIE certification required in Routing/Switching, Data Center, or Service Provider areas.
• Current DOD Top Secret clearance / Adjudicated SSBI
• Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Check Point CCSA or CCSE R80 certification preferred
• Minimum of 8-10 years experience.
• Experience developing and interpreting detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to effect network design deployments.
• Proven capability to lead engineering teams on complex deployments.
• Excellent ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication; capability to interface at multiple levels and successfully present technical information
• Extensive experience with enterprise network design and sustainment, to include routing, switching, data center, and cloud technology areas.
• Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs.
• Capacity to track, guide, and mentor multiple teams simultaneously.
• Strict attention to detail; Adherence to rigid guidelines and processes; Ability to validate, update and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently.
• Cisco router/switch configuration and troubleshooting.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.