We are seeking a Senior Manager, Customer Service Learning & Development with at least 5 years of experience designing and deliverying both virtual and in person training experience to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. Preference is to have this position located at the ACT Headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa. However, we will consider candidates who will work remotely in the US as well.
The Senior Manager is responsible for enabling a culture of learning and development for the Customer Service team and will lead a small training team to accomplish this. The Senior Manager partners with other leaders and team members within Customer Service and across the organization to design and deliver a high quality training curriculum. This includes development and monitoring the training roadmap that focuses on end-to-end delivery of in-person and virtual training.
What you will be working on:
- Design, development and delivery of high quality training to all internal/external call center team members as well as providing the training content to vendors that also provide call center support
- Design and develop training materials in accordance with accepted industry standard instructional design methodology for CBT, virtual, and classroom training
- Oversight of training related KPIs and ensures the timely and successful delivery of metric reporting to internal in accordance with agreed upon specifications
- Conduct full analysis of existing training documentation and methods and evaluate the efficacy that leads to changes in the training delivery and/or content
- Coach, mentor and support the growth and development of the training team members
- Serve as the subject matter expert on learning and training topics and assess needs through research and consultation with the business
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- 5 years of experience designing and delivering both virtual and in person training solutions, with at least 3 years of that experience in an inbound/outbound call center training environment and instructional design and development experience
- Experience and demonstrated success leading, managing, and building teams
- Demonstrated experience developing, maintaining and executing on training roadmaps
- Knowledge of and practical experience with design and development methods in the customer service industry is critical to the success of this position.
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and works diligently to find solutions.
- Proven ability to actively use training data and production data to track, trend, and manage training efforts
- Deep knowledge of instructional theories on adult learning, on the job learning, knowledge management theories and principles in both virtual and in-person instruction
- Ability to
- drive continuous improvement
- implement and monitor standards of service
- look for opportunities to improve efficiencies across operations
- Collaboration \u2013 work effectively and develop strong working relationships with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Inclusion \u2013 actively seeks and engages with diverse perspectives and invites a sense of belonging
- Communication \u2013 ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization; be able to facilitate training through both in-person and on-line delivery
- Decision making \u2013 acts decisively with sound judgement; uses data to analyze options and form opinions
- Optimization \u2013 ability to drive continuous improvement of existing processes and programs and implement and monitor standards of service
- Innovation \u2013 develops ideas that are new, better, or unique; embraces and promotes diverse perspectives
- Change management \u2013 ability to manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace
- Initiative uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources with an emphasis on Learning and Development or related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience in continuous improvement, such as Lean or working in an environment that uses Agile Methodologies
- Experience in the education and/or assessment industries
Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a department and leading a training team that is evolving as the training needs and requirements expand. The training team includes a small group of team members dedicated to providing training so that our agents provide the very best customer experience to the students, parents and educations we support.About ACT
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry\u2014helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!