To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huron Charter Township, MI
- Haggerty Logistics
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Haggerty Logistics • Huron Charter Township, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Drives pickup truck, box truck and semi truck for deliveries to and from customers. Performs the following duties.
- Safely operate pickup truck, box truck and semi truck
- Drive truck to various destinations as required following commercial driving and D.O.T. regulations
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal D.O.T. regulations
- Maintain telephone and radio contact to receive delivery instructions
- Load and unload trucks at destination sites
- Responsible for proper maintenance and upkeep of the vehicles and related equipment per D.O.T. regulations
- Inspect truck regularly for safety and working order assessment per D.O.T. regulations
- Know and understand weight capacity of truck weight hauling
- Communicate effectively with vendors, customers, suppliers and all associates promoting teamwork and efficiency of operations
- Comply with all State and Federal regulations regarding the operation of a commercial vehicle
- Perform daily vehicle inspection as designated by government guidelines
- Comply with Federal Hours of Service guidelines
- Meet dedicated run schedules
- Safe work and driving record
- Operate Hi-Lo truck safely and efficiently and in accordance with MIOSHA and company standards
- Unload and stack material onto or off of pallets, skids, or truck by raising and lowering lifting device
- Inventory and weigh materials or products and record weight on tags, labels or production schedules
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids or trucks by raising and lowering lifting device
- Lubricates Hi-Lo, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank or replaces liquefied gas tank
- Performs all duties and operates machinery and equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, earplugs, etc.)
- Know understand and follow all forklift safety rules, including weight capacity of the forklift.
- Keep the storage and work areas neat and organized
- Enforces (FIFO) first in first out on material consumption
- Ensures correct tagging is on all containers prior to moving
- Help in departmental operation wherever necessary
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- Punctual and regular attendance is required
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Michigan CDL (with Class A & B endorsements)
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be able to pass random drug screening as required under DOT guidelines
- Two or less moving violations on Motor Vehicle Record within last three years
- Two or less points on Motor Vehicle Record within the last three years
- Full knowledge of current D.O.T. regulations
- High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Education and/or Experience:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner. Able to apply common sense understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business situations with supervisor, co-workers and customers. Maintain a higher standard of professional conduct and ethics in more complex business situations such as negotiations with customers or presentations to management.
Ability to work with the following tools or machinery
- Valid Driver's License with CDL endorsement
- Valid Hi-Lo License
- Knowledge of all DOT and Federal regulations pertaining to the operation of a commercial vehicle.