Extron is a leading developer and manufacturer of professional AV hardware and software solutions which serve the ever-changing needs of organizations around the world as they strive to better communicate. Each Extron product is carefully engineered to provide best-in-class performance, intuitive operation and exceptional reliability. At Extron, the passion for our products is evidenced by our company culture which encourages innovation and provides opportunities for individual career growth. Our teams develop and release over 100 new products a year and continue to grow our vast patent portfolio.
We are hiring for a Hardware Design Engineer- Video Systems to work at our Anaheim, California location.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will:
- Preform board level, design, implementation, and test of digital hardware for video processing and interfacing products.
- Define researching/specifying components.
- Perform schematic development.
- Perform PCB layout guidance, board bring-up, design verification,
- Interface and collaborate with other engineering groups (e.g. Firmware, Power, Mechanical, Compliance).
- Work with product management during product design cycles.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- BSEE Degree
- 3+ years experience designing high speed analog/digital circuits
- Experience designing embedded products including block diagramming, power estimation, thermal consideration, layout floor planning, signal integrity, EMI mitigation and reliability planning.
- Experience interfacing with microcontrollers and application processors, high-speed memory (DDR2/3/4), PCIe and peripherals (I2C, SPI, RS232, USB).
- Strong hardware debugging skills and root-cause failure analysis.
- Excellent communication skill (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment.
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of digital video interfaces, especially HDMI, DisplayPort, USB-C and SMPTE video standards.
- Experience integrating CPLDs and FPGAs at the board level, programming.
- Experience with ethernet networking concepts and integrating networking components (Ethernet PHYs and Switches) into products.
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Networks
- Computer Programming