Job ID: 154507
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products with company assigned vehicles; either tractor trailers or straight trucks, with the possibility of layovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling and loading/ unloading glass and/or metal products
- Load securement, daily pre and post trip of vehicles, multiple deliveries, and customer service
- Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products, as well as operating boom cranes, and truck mounted forklifts
- Pre and post trip inspections, maintaining truck and driving records, and completing necessary logs
- Occasionally help shipping department load trucks
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
To be considered for a position that requires driving company owned or leased vehicles as a regular part of his/ her job duties, the following conditions must be met:
- At least 21 years old
- A valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident free driving experience in the last 5 years
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signals, signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and make entries on reports and records
- By reason of experience, training, or both safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic and weather conditions is mandatory
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Operation of hand held scanners and electronic logging devices are required
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including drug/alcohol test, previous employer and criminal background checks
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) as dictated in the company standards document
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. by carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Frequent bending/twisting, kneeling/crawling, climbing, and reaching may be necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Customer Relationship Management