- Updating and maintaining ABC7Amarillo.com page
- Maintaining and updating station and talent Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms
- Editing and posting relevant materials from reporters and producers onto the website
- Creating web-based content from materials gathered by photographers and reporters
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Creating video and graphics to tease and enrich web content
- Previous experience as a web writer or web editor is strongly encouraged
- Experience in a newsroom setting on the assignment desk is preferred
- Experience with audio, video and photo editing preferred
- Degree in Journalism or a related field preferred
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, AP style writing, attention to grammar, and a sense of urgency when breaking news happens
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.