To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Buffalo, NY
Posted 1 month ago
WGRZ, the NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY is looking for a highly skilled editor who can create exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to edit all elements for a fast-paced and highly produced newscast.
In this role, you will:
- Use the latest editing and photography tools.
- Produce original content for on-air and on all digital platforms.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video content stories for website.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Two years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency
- SNG experience
- Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.