Instructors - Medical Assistant
(This is not a remote position, candidate must commute or reside within the city to be considered)
We call it being a life changer, but you’ll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You’ll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As an Instructor, you will have the opportunity to positively impact students’ lives by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough and accurate knowledge of the teaching field and discipline;
- Plans and organizes instruction in ways which maximize student learning. Practice excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Modifies instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students’ needs;
- Prepare lesson plans and teach course as prescribed by the approved institutional curriculum;
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant;
- 5+ years’ experience in medical back office, degree preferred;
- Current CPR certification;
- Previous teaching experience preferred;
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations Requirements: RMA, CMA, NCMA, or CCMA;
- Meet TWC instructor requirements.
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 60 years, now and we’re just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Our company believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any employees, applicants, or job seekers on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or any other protected group status as defined by law. As part of our compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your ethnicity and gender in the following section. The completion of this section is entirely voluntary. Your response to this section, or refusal to respond to this section, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment with the company in any way. Please complete the information below, which includes the option to choose not to self-identify. This information will be kept confidential and separate from your application for employment and company personnel file. The information you choose to provide will be used solely for the purposes of EEO-1 reporting to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and will not be viewed by any hiring managers during the application process.
- Higher Order Thinking
- Certified Medical Assistant