We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cant turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Supply Technician joining our team to support Joint Service Provider – Enterprise Transport Management activities in Arlington, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Supply Technician supporting JSP-ETM, you will be trusted to track and report project materials. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Performs clerical and manual duties in material areas such as receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
- Maintains established inventory levels by regularly checking shelves and preparing purchase orders.
- Stocks vendor deliveries in warehouse or supply room and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders as to quality and quantity.
- Maintains a clean, organized warehouse or supply room.
- Maintains a supply management database, and generates various reports as assigned.
- Prepares and maintains related documentation.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Supply Technicians.
- Utilizes small hand tools, scales, and may operate material handling equipment such as fork lifts, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
- Uses online resources as needed for parts/equipment technical research, data updates, and related communications.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
3-5 years of related inventory management experience.
Active Secret Clearance required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Process Improvements (Business)