To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accounting Manager
Ensign Services • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Accounting Manager
We are currently seeking a financial leader for our growing company as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding health care services client base. This Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for working with the day-to-day accounting activities, assisting with financial reporting, being actively involved in monthly close, coordinating year-end audit preparation, ad hoc reporting, assisting SOX compliance, and various special projects. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years Big-4 Accounting Firm experience and 5 to 8+ years accounting experience. This position is based in the North Phoenix Arizona Service Center.
We are the National Leader in a Stable, Growing Industry!
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the exploding healthcare services field today, serving over 215 long-term care facilities, and 40 home health and hospice agencies, with over 20,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
- C – Celebration
- A – Accountability
- P – Passion for Learning
- L – Love One Another
- I – Intelligent Risk Taking
- C – Customer Second
- O – Ownership
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
- Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances with Mission Viejo service center;
- Follow-up on operating statements with field locations, assisting operational leaders with strategy formulation and development;
- Provide a high level of customer service to the Company’s operational teams;
- Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close;
- Review monthly reconciliation, for accuracy and existence, on selected balance sheets accounts;
- Proactively develop financial analysis for operational initiatives, leadership requests, and other initiatives
- Support accounting team in reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary;
- Manage a variety of General Ledger functions including cash, sales and use tax, property taxes;
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP;
- Identify areas for improvement in the monthly close process and implement process efficiencies while maintaining high level of customer service to the field;
- Interpret the specifications and information people want into deliverable projects they can easily use and understand
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with operations to ensure completeness;
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required;
Qualified candidates must have:
- Degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years Big 4 Accounting firm experience
- 5 to 8+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in a management role leading a team
- Must have extended experience with Microsoft Excel such as ability to create and manipulate Pivot Tables, P&L Variance Bridges, etc.
- Customer Service oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills are a must
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.