Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
- Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of their organization and regulatory standards.
- Supplier Quality Engineer is in charge of performing regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, as well as actively participating in strategic development based on quality control plans.
- SQE plays a critical role in supply chain management, serves as the liaison for suppliers, suggests structural quality and process improvements, and collaborates with cross-functional departments such as engineers, operations and supply chain in a team environment.
- Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for identifying technical problems with suppliers and implements corrective actions. SQE also conducts capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travels to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Perform supplier approval assessments.
- Report supplier performance and quality to management.
- Assist in develpment and implementation of supplier management programs.
- Perform supplier surveillance.
- First Article Inspection or PPAP.
- Supplier implementation of customer flow down and special requirements to purchase orders.
- Apprval and surveillance of Special Process Suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to achieve quality and delivery goals and establish and manage supplier performance rating with monthly scorecard driving supplier improvements.
- Establish & execute actin plan for Suppliers quality improvements.
- Audit and review new and existing supplier surveys.
- Generates and apprves Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
- Processes concessions for Material Review Board Disposition.
- Assures Buyer receives any product dispositioned return to the supplier.
- Dispositions Supplier Change Requests.
- Manages Supplier Change Request Database.
- Implements Supplier Quality procedures.
- Maintains supplier evaluation records.
- Drive continuous improvement and lean conversion utilizing lean tools which includes conversion to electronic data storage.
- Develps Supplier Quality risk assessments.
Education: Required: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science or related field
Year of experience: Min. 3+ years of quality experience within aerospace, automotive, or other manufacturing company that operates to an equivalent quality standard.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Have a working knowledge of the organizational structure and communications process.
- Be proficient with computer/electronic media (i.e., Microsoft word, powerpoint, excel, project, etc.).
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and people skills.
- Knowledge of Quality System requirements or processes.
- Knowledgeable of AS9100 (capable of becoming a lead auditor)
- Must work well in a Team Environment.
- Must be problem solvers.
- Experience with UTC style Quality Clinics preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use and teach the use of Quality Tools preferred; i.e., FMEA’s, DOE’s, PPAP, APQP, Risk Assessment, Ishakawa charts, 5 whys, etc.
- SAP experience preferred.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Quality Management Systems
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Failure Mode Effects Analysis