This role will focus primarily on daily management, supervision and coordination of Dragados company heavy construction and tunnel specific equipment. This position will report directly to the project site construction manager.
- Requisitions of certain project materials, equipment and services on the project
- Interprets the intent and requirements of the design documentation and information
- Performs technical administration of contracts related to Equipment or Plant
- Controls all equipment that the company owns or leases for the project.
- Collaborates in bids regarding to equipment.
- Makes yearly improvements and updates to our equipment accounts, both with big equipment manufacturers and equipment dealerships.
- Elaborates and updates operating costs and rental rates for bids and estimators.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state, and local compliance issues
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable codes and standards for a project
- Finds potential issues ahead of time and is able to problem solve
- Monitor rented equipment such that rental payments are best investment the Project can make towards maximizing overall profits.
- Enforces site safety at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Develops and maintains business relationships with workers, manufacturers, dealers, project managers, equipment managers, and subcontractors from Dragados USA and affiliates.
- Provides computer guidance on equipment modules
- Investigates and evaluates cause and extent of damage to equipment involved in accidents.
- Training, mentoring, and oversight of subordinate staff
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Civil Engineering is preferred but not required,
- A minimum of 10 -15 years of specific experience working as Equipment and Plant Manager in a tunnel Projects.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance on at least 1 project using pressurized face Tunnel Boring Machine
- Knowledge of construction equipment manufacturers including equipment lease/rentals companies, national accounts, auctioneers, etc.
- Local knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels. Be able to work together with our equipment managers in our affiliates and job site equipment managers.
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize, and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Word