To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
343 Thornall Street
Edison, NJ 08837
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Meridian Health • Edison, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
The Administrative Assistant preforms a variety of administrative functions .This positon reports to the Vice President of Clinical Operations, Population Health and assists with administrative, scheduling and clerical matters and coordinates the activities of the office through communication with staff from various corporate and division-level departments, support services, public constituents, and co-workers.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Provides clerical support as needed including covering receptionist duties and sorting and distributing mail. Provides staff assistance and support to facilitate the smooth operation of the office. Mail is opened and sorted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Successful in communicating with internal or external customers under strained and frustrating conditions with few exceptions of a minor nature. Maintains composure and professionalism in these situations and exhibits good judgment in referring the customer to their supervisor.
- Types outgoing correspondence, handles all incoming correspondence, and maintains files on correspondence and reports. Handles all typing and correspondence; works towards achieving error-free, grammatically correct and appropriately formatted documents. Correspondence is completed in a timely manner. Files, record keeping and back up documentation are designed and maintained to allow for easy retrieval of information.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars. Coordinates meeting arrangements including room, equipment, and other specialty items as needed. Appointments are kept accurately. Arrangements for equipment are handled accurately and within the appropriate time constraints. Services are requested timely so that the staff has internal support services available when needed.
- Provides staff assistant and administrative support to Vice President, Account Manager, Operations Manager and other administrative personnel as needed. Consistently provides assistance as needed in a professional and efficient manner. Shows good judgment and independent thinking and good time management skills.
- Prepares and maintains the department(s) time and attendance reports. Time sheets are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Time sheets require no changes when received in Payroll. Accurate record of PTO requests are maintained.
- Coordinates special meetings, training, and events as required. Special meetings, training and events are planned and 'carried out' with little or no supervision. Activities Committee events, Holiday events.
- Maintains all office supplies and equipment, including tracking inventory and ordering supplies. Supplies are ordered in a timely manner. Closet area is neat and clean. Proper inventories are met.
- Answers telephone, screen calls, refers to appropriate areas as required. Calls are answered personally (identifies self by name), courteously and timely. Uses good judgement in screening calls, and direct calls as necessary to the appropriate source.
- Prints Patient financial data as necessary. When requested, prints outpatient financial/billing data using SMS and Imaging software for review by the Managed Care Department on a timely manner.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Experience in health care or corporate sectors