You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
IT Business Analyst
Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Work Location: Katy, TX (onsite)
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required; At least five years' experience managing the activities of multiple concurrent projects required.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Advocates for assigned Business Unit(s) within IT.
- Works closely with assigned business unit team(s) to elicit, translate and distill business vision into clear business requirements. Compiles the end result in a format meaningful to both the business stakeholders and software developers.
- Builds requirements and specifications for new functionality and enhancements as well as helps to develop new ideas based on relevant industry experience.
- Mentors' novice Business Analysts on team.
- Serves as a back-up to the Manager of Business Analysis as needed.
- Ensures all documentation is complete, accurate, easy to comprehend, and meets current documentation standards.
- Recommends/facilitates/collaborates on selection of technology solutions and options.
- Schedules and/or participates in the organization and leadership of project related meetings and work groups. Sets agendas in advance, identifies action items, and compiles and distributes meeting recaps.
- Prepares for and facilitates standing projects status meetings with assigned business unit teams.
- Maintains working understanding of and follows prescribed System Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Serves dual role of Project Manager & Business Analyst for projects of appropriate size/scope.
- Contributes to testing by creating test scripts, coordinating/facilitating User Acceptance Testing and assisting with Regression Testing.
- Owns or assists with preparation of a variety of project-associated documentation (including training materials, process mapping, and user manuals).
- Owns/manages User Acceptance Testing including creation of test scripts.
- Supplements functional, regression and system testing as determined by project team.
- Owns full test cycle on small projects.
- Builds proficiency in the application(s) that support assigned business unit teams.
- Communicates with all areas of the company. Works with business units, development, SQA, information security, infrastructure, and third-party vendors in order to define requirements.
- Self-organizes and effectively manages and prioritizes time as the Project Management Organization operates in a fast-paced environment. Business Analysts are often called upon for project management and work plan development activities for projects of appropriate size/scope.
- Required to learn company policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least five years' experience managing the activities of multiple concurrent projects required.
- At least two years' experience in assigned business units' field of expertise preferred.
- Experience with formalized Systems Development Life Cycle processes and policies preferred.
- Formal Business Analysis training and/or Business Analyst Certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
- An understanding of the way specific area of expertise teams fit into a retailer's day-to-day business operations
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Possess the desire and ability to develop and maintain fluency with business processes and applicable technologies for assigned business units
- Motivated to work independently or as part of a project team
- Ability to manage multiple projects / priorities at one time
- Strong communication skills, including effective listening, speaking, writing, and presenting
- Ability to maintain enterprise-wide awareness, thinking at various levels, ranging from high concept to low detail
- Accurately distilling customer feedback into business requirements
- Ability to distinguish between functional, technical, and system requirements
- Analyzing and synthesizing business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Strong teaming skills, including facilitating group sessions, reaching consensus, and developing relationships across business units throughout the organization
- Dedication to meeting/exceeding the requirements and expectations of internal customers
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at Paladin Consulting is an EEOC employer.- provided by Dice
- Acceptance Testing
- Active Listening
- Agenda Development
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Mapping
- Business Processes
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 6874_a2ef4c7904d8c4491f93a85
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.