To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CBIZ • Kansas City, MO
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) is a national independent CPA firm and one of the leading CPA firms in the United States. Our headquarters is located in Kansas City, MO. We specialize in the performance of audit and assurance services for growth-oriented public and private companies. Mayer Hoffman McCann provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States, with more than 30 offices nationwide.
The MHM National Team is seeking to hire an ambitious Administrative Assistant, who will work as a member of the MHM Administrative Team and provide outstanding service to our valued clients. This position will be based in our Kansas City, MO office and report to the Director of Operations.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Work seamlessly with members of the MHM Administrative Team
- Provide administrative and analytical support to executive leaders
- Respond to requests, manage correspondence, receive visitors, arrange conference calls, and schedule meetings efficiently and thoughtfully
- Position will include a variety of assigned project work
- Position interfaces with high–level internal and external constituents thus must represent MHM and the respective executive leader and / or team in the highest professional manner
- Schedule and maintain calendars to include arranging travel
- Prioritize and compose materials to include correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, agendas and presentation materials
- Prudently manage confidential and critical information
- Read, prioritize and distribute all forms of incoming correspondence
- Prepare internal meetings, including preparation of agendas, ordering catering, room setup and cleanup
- Ability to make travel arrangements and register team members for conferences
- File and retrieve business documents, records, and reports
- Prepare copies of material as needed
- Greet callers and visitors, assess needs and provide solutions
- Perform general office duties to include ordering supplies, maintaining business records and updating management systems
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Strong initiative skills to anticipate the needs of the Directors and Managers you support and provide ‘outside of the box’ thinking
- Using logical reasoning when preparing work, reports, and performing requests
- Able to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Able to work under due dates and maintain flexibility in working with multiple projects in process at a time
- Workload will be heavy at times and must be able to manage without getting flustered
- Preparation of training and other meeting presentations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are requirements
- Initiative and foresight to offer assistance to others if workload allows
- Willingness and initiative to search for answers or solutions to question or problems
- Present a professional image of the national office to other firm leaders, all firm personnel, and to the community
- Maintenance of confidential information
- Able to work with various work styles and personalities and participate as a positive team member
- Possess attention to detail, commitment to task and pride in work
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are essential
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook calendar management
- Advanced knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Practice Engine time and billing software, Concur expense report software and Amelio software
- 1 -3 years of experience in a business environment and preferably performing as an administrative assistant
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational skills required