This position can be remote but the individual must be located in the Virginia / Maryland / Washington DC metro area.
The Senior Cost and Pricing Manager leads the timely development of proposal pricing and cost volume deliverables in support of competitive bid opportunities. These opportunities cover a wide spectrum of Iron Bow’s business areas and customers within the Federal Civilian, State and Local Government, Commercial, and Healthcare markets.
Iron Bow is diversifying its portfolio of business, and the Senior Cost and Pricing Manager will play a key role in that diversification process. In addition to collecting costs from our Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) partners and developing models to evaluate “what if” scenarios for product-based bids, you must also be able to develop bases of estimates for competitive salaries and level of effort summaries for services-based bids. In all instances, you will use customer-provided templates to build complex price to win (PTW) models from scratch, and then use those cost models to brief Senior Leadership and “make the case” for your pricing recommendations.
This is a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail, demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment, and a willingness to work extended hours as needed to finish the job and see a proposal through to completion.
We want you to apply for this position if have the qualifications, education, and experience described below, and if you are:
- Results Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
- A Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on, as well as detail-oriented.
- A Strategic Thinker: A “conceptualizer” of enterprise and market and technological trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into strategic pricing strategies.
The Senior Pricing Manager will report to the Director of Bids and Proposals. She or he will operate in a highly matrixed environment, working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, General Managers, Account Teams, and assigned Proposal Manager.
- Produce detailed cost/price proposals, including cost models/templates, formats, and pricing rationale in accordance with solicitation instructions, corporate policies, and CAS/FAR
- Compile materials and price lists from product and service specification documents
- Compute estimates of materials, equipment, and labor costs and calculate profit margins
- Identify financial risks and opportunities
- Perform quality assurance reviews to ensure all proposal actions related to pricing are comprehensive, complete, accurate, and timely
- Coordinate with OEM partners, associates, and subcontractors to build cost and pricing strategies
- Develop specialized databases for pricing inputs, revisions, and justifications
- Prepare and deliver reports on various aspects of pricing to Senior Leadership
- Coordinate effectively with proposal managers, technical staff, subcontractors, and other associates to ensure that required cost data is thorough, accurate, and submitted on schedule
- May require some evening, weekend and holiday work depending on the stage of the proposal.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Understanding of government regulations related to the development and negotiation of cost/price proposals (FAR, DFARS, CAS, TINA) for a variety of contract types (FFP, FP-LOE, T&M, FP-LH, CPFF, CPAF, and other Cost Reimbursable contract types)
- Understanding of product and services bids
- Excel/modeling skills including use of formulas, pivot tables, and Macros
- Demonstrated intermediate/expert user-level proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to develop and present cost proposal financial data for review by management
- Ability to prepare several bids at once despite shifting deadlines and company priorities
- Ability to leverage business acumen, including the role of pricing within a broader business context
- Ability to be a results-oriented, tenacious, diagnostic thinker, and problem solver
- Ability to successfully support a fast-paced, high-volume, and diverse workload.
- Requires minimum BA/BS in Business or other relevant field; MBA is preferred
- 8+ years of experience with pricing products or services in the government or commercial environment, including pricing strategies, structures, tools, and communications, such as competitive price point analysis and aspects of negotiation, accounting practices, contracts administration, and project management
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving