Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
As an On-Call Security Guard you will be a part of our Building Operations Department. Responsibilities include:
- Provides security coverage at the security desk during normal business hours - verifies MGIC identification, monitors and enforces visitor logs and guidelines, etc.
- Monitors all interior and exterior areas of the MGIC Plaza complex to observe, identify and/or prevent unusual or hazardous circumstances and to prevent unauthorized access to building, to investigate and to enforce MGIC policies.Utilizes the MGIC computer security system to verify employment status and authorization levels.
- Acts as a member of the Emergency Response Team for both medical and non-medical emergencies.Administers CPR and AED when medically necessary.
- Monitors loading dock, garage, fitness center and other secured areas of the MGIC complex and the MGIC Distribution Center using CCTVs.Monitors building automation alarms and alerts Engineers if necessary. Effectively responds and takes appropriate action to computer-generated and various mechanical alarms.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum of 6 months of experience
- Ability to quickly respond to emergency situations
- Ability to administer CPR and use Automated External Defibrillator (Training will be offered on site. Must be certified with CPR/AED within 45 days of hire)
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighting up to 30 pounds up several flights of stairs
- Ability to make regular building rounds, standing or walking approximately 75% of the time
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees and visitors
- Ability to use personal computer, building security systems, CCTV and communication devices
- Completion of high school diploma or GED. Course work in Police Science or Security is desired.
- Military or Law Enforcement experience a plus
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.
Automated External Defibrillator