The Director of Rooms is responsible for assisting the General Manager in all aspects of revenue, room inventory and occupancy percentage in accordance with budget. Maintain labor and operating budgets for all departments reporting to position. Establish efficient productivity through assistance from department managers and supervisors.
- The Director of Rooms is responsible for assisting the hotel General Manager with the successful operation and administration of all Rooms to include: Front office, Housekeeping and Engineering.
- The Director of Rooms must ensure that all departments are continually balanced while focusing on providing an exceptional experience to every guest and maximizing department profitability at the same time.
- The Director of Rooms is responsible for ensuring that all hotel Rooms are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service.
- The Director of Rooms will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing and controlling effective departmental strategies that drive results and through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered hotel staff.
- The Director of Rooms will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to hotel staff, supervisors and managers on a daily basis. In the absence of the General Manager, the Director of Rooms will assume this role.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in hotel management
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel systems is preferred
- Able to solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Effective business writing skills.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 25 pounds.
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment - Sales office, banquet rooms, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver's license in order to make sales calls
- Knowledge of the local area.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment
- Audio Equipments
- Business Correspondence
- Catering Activity And Reception Organisation
- Coaching And Mentoring