The Pinocchio Mental Health Specialist is a mental health professional based in partnering school districts; working a 9 – 10 month schedule. They serve as a liaison between children/families and schools, provide early identification and early intervention services to students in K – 3rd grade screened as being eligible for the Pinocchio Program; and provide Mental Health Consultation to school staff .
This position serves the Ferguson/Florissant School District, and follows the district schedule. Monday/ Wednesday/Friday 8:30am-3:30pm, or 9:30 am - 4:30 pm during the school year. The position is paid hourly and has summers off.
- Screen all children in assigned school grades K – 3 and provide direct and indirect observation of children screened as eligible for the program
- Coordinate and complete program eligibility process with appropriate school staff and potential program parents
- Link families to other Crider services as deemed appropriate
- Collaborate with families and systems to develop Pinocchio Child and Family Plans
- Meet with each child eligible for the program weekly; individually for 30 minutes or in a group no larger than 4 students for 45 minutes.
- Schedule two parent conferences during the academic school year
- Function as a member of an integrated health team, serving as the liaison among providers involved in the client’s/family’s life.
- Actively work to build and foster an integrated care team around the client/family and provide parenting education when appropriate
Bachelor's Degree Required with at least one year of applicable experience required
Master's Degree Preferred
Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) Preferred
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.