SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
We are looking for an Entry Level Private Equity Accountant
for our Union, NJ
- Maintaining all financial data in the investment database
- Posting all journal entries and preparing monthly trial balance reports
- Reconciling all cash received from investors and investments
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Calculating capital calls and distributions
- Allocating income to partners in accordance with terms of partnership agreements
- Preparing and issuing quarterly financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP for each entity
- Maintaining and updating investment data (number of shares, location of securities, country of origin)
- Interacting with clients and providing information as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA are strong pluses
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, financial reporting and financial products (ie: equities, futures, fixed income)
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Prior experience training, delegating tasks, and reviewing work is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to interact with others at various levels
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Standard Accounting Practices