Advance Auto Parts is replacing multiple legacy applications and deploying industry leading solutions to transform the CFS landscape, including point of sale systems, professional e-commerce systems, and the product lookup experience, and deploy strategic solutions as the platform for corporate growth, driving operational efficiencies to allow us to better service our Customers.
The Director of Catalog, Product Management will oversee the product management of electronic cataloging solutions at AAP. The role will involve close collaboration with key business & IT stakeholders. The role requires coordination across multiple strategic initiatives to ensure business continuity.
The position will directly manage a team of AAP employees to include, Digital Product Owners, QA, Business Analysts and Catalog Specialists. The position will indirectly manage supporting IT resources including Scrum Masters, Development Engineers, and Quality Engineers implementing changes in the electronic catalog products.
The role involves collaboration with the business stakeholders on change management and key decisions required to deploy catalog solutions. This will require clear communication skills and ability to articulate the pros & cons of decisions to be made and ability to recommend based on own industry experience and knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop and implement the CFS Catalog strategy and successfully oversee initiatives and projects to deliver the strategic solutions for corporate systems
- Responsible for the implementation roadmap to successfully deploy the strategic CFS Catalog solution and maintain business continuity with legacy applications
- Drive the solution deliverables in accordance with the business value and maximize ROI attainment by business.
- Manage successful product delivery within budget and time commitments.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation.
- Develop team talent & skills.
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing relationships with senior executives in IT and business roles in large organizations.
- Ability to lead effectively in a large, matrix environment
- Demonstrated capability to execute through communication and influence in addition to having direct leadership/oversight
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a distributed workforce which includes contractors, support partners / vendors, and onshore / offshore / remote workers under their reporting structure.
- Effective communications skills, ability to present ideas and information clearly and persuasively and adjust to fit a wide range of audiences
- Strong business acumen and broad working knowledge of relevant business functions and processes.
- Consulting skills, including the ability to draw on the ideas of key business team members / peers and convert them into meaningful strategies and plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years experience in e-commerce engineering and usability
- Experience with automotive cataloging – including knowledge of standards such as ACES and PIES – is strongly preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in Software Product Management
- 5 or more years in a leadership role; or Equivalent combination education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of test planning, test execution
- Agricultural Consumer And Environmental Sciences
- Automotive Industry
- Change Management
- Commercial Awareness