FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring a Liquid Formulation Technician. The Liquid Formulation Technician is responsible for the formulation of liquid cell culture media products and diagnostic components.
- Formulate liquid and / or diagnostic formulas per manufacturing protocols utilizing various weighing equipment such as scales and balances
- Handle both solid and liquid raw materials/component to successfully formulate Liquid batches
- Use Mettler-Toledo IND780 terminal system to ensure correct raw materials assigned in the batch record are used and at the specified quantity
- Review lot folders for accuracy, completeness and availability of components necessary to complete job prior to the scheduled date of production
- Obtain proper samples and forward to QC as required
- Initiate Document Change Requests (DCRs) as needed
- Suggest changes in departmental procedures and processes (SOPs) as needed
- Maintain all required logs and associated documentation
- Assure that all chemicals are stored and labeled properly
- Perform calibration on all required equipment including pH meters and osmometers
- Verify scale / balance calibration and perform in-process scale checks
- Keep work area, utensils, tanks, mills, and equipment clean and organized per 6S training
- Ensure that supplies needed such as weigh boats, gloves, lab coats, etc. are well stocked in their designated areas; order supplies or inform Lead/Supervisor if supplies need to be ordered
- Follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner including wearing all required personal protective equipment
- Understand and follow procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly
- Safely and effectively operate dry heat oven, steam autoclave, centrifuge, mixers, heaters, pH/Osmolality meters and other equipment as necessary
- Other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor
- Degree in Chemistry or equivalent preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in liquid formulation / compounding in a GMP regulated environment
- Good understanding of pH and osmolality
- Working knowledge of lab equipment and instruments such as pH meters, Osmometers, scales, balances, pumps, etc.
- Stable work history
- College level education in chemistry and knowledge of safely handling the chemicals
- Working knowledge of metric system
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Product Quality Assurance
Good Manufacturing Practices