AkzoNobel has a passion
for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings,
setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class
portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft
– is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands,
we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented
people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and
services our customers expect. In North America, we’ve been producing
innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find
AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer
electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine
vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s
North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing
sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit URL blocked - click to apply
In North America, AkzoNobel provides performance coatings products to
customers through four operating business units: Powder Coatings, Automotive & Special
Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Marine, Protective & Yacht Coatings.
Coordinate activities of Customer complaint system
monitored through CSI Database for plant activities.
Perform Root Cause and corrective action
investigations for complaints and non-conformances through use of Apollo Root
cause, 8D., etc
Responsible for maintaining and adhering to
standard requirements of Underwriters Laboratories and NSF International for
continued plant certifications.
Expedites the movement of quality product through
the manufacturing and QC process.
Skilled at making batch adjustments to correct
Communicates all test results and batch status to Production
Supervisors and operators.
Responsible for executing laboratory testing inspections
to most current practices and procedures.
Responsible for completion and maintenance of
laboratory quality records
Assure all final products meets quality as
defined by customer requirements.
Skilled at formulation and manipulation of standard
powder coatings technologies and product performance.
Responsible for calibration, operation,
troubleshooting, and maintenance of analytical equipment for testing of Plant
materials and products
Responsible for participating in regional
development and testing for laboratory test methods
Oversees NMI into the plant working with R&D
Update and report the department KPI report daily to
Ensure accurate and complete recording of operating
Investigate and develop corrective action plans for
continual improvement within the quality department.
Supervise trial runs of new products, trouble-shoot
products on line, and to report findings to Process Development or Research groups.
Promotes health, safety and environmental
regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to
in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements
Ensure safe work practices are followed. Identify and correct unsafe conditions and
Identify maintenance requirements, submit work
orders and prioritize with the maintenance department.
Ensure that quality procedures are accurate and
adhered to by operators.
Train operators on new procedures and provide
refresher training on existing procedures.
Responsible for specifying In Process Adjustments
Performs the on the job training of new QC technicians
Responsible for ensuring test method accuracy
Maintains Quality Management of finished product by
making and recording Usage Decisions in SAP.
Requires the ability to perform all QC department
positions through work overflow and vacation coverage situations.
Maintains and improve housekeeping standards in the
laboratory. Audits compliance to 5S standards.
Responsible for completing laboratory EHS
checklists and inspections
Supports the current ISO quality system through
adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality
statement, quality manual and procedures.
Supports and delivers QM ALPS initiatives including
use and update of metrics
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Working knowledge of SAP R/3.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Strong organization skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various employee groups, contractors and management.
• Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
• Requires daily contact with employees in other departments.
• Ability to work Shifts.
• Overtime coverage is required, particularly for short-notice absences of other Shift members
• May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, performs sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion.
• May use hand tools and operate fixed and mobile plant equipment. Wear personal protective equipment.
• High School diploma required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering preferred
• One to Two years of Supervisory Experience
• 5 years of QC lab testing preferred or experience in manufacturing plant.
• Research and formulation knowledge helpful
Product Quality Assurance