To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reading, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Control Coordinator
AkzoNobel Inc • Reading, PA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
In North America, AkzoNobel provides performance coatings products to customers through four operating business units: Powder Coatings, Automotive & Special Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Marine, Protective & Yacht Coatings.
• Coordinate activities of Customer complaint system monitored through CSI Database for plant activities.
• Perform Root Cause and corrective action investigations for complaints and non-conformances through use of Apollo Root cause, 8D., etc
• Responsible for maintaining and adhering to standard requirements of Underwriters Laboratories and NSF International for continued plant certifications.
• Expedites the movement of quality product through the manufacturing and QC process.
• Skilled at making batch adjustments to correct in-process quality.
• Communicates all test results and batch status to Production Supervisors and operators.
• Responsible for executing laboratory testing inspections to most current practices and procedures.
• Responsible for completion and maintenance of laboratory quality records
• Assure all final products meets quality as defined by customer requirements.
• Skilled at formulation and manipulation of standard powder coatings technologies and product performance.
• Responsible for calibration, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of analytical equipment for testing of Plant materials and products
• Responsible for participating in regional development and testing for laboratory test methods
• Oversees NMI into the plant working with R&D
• Update and report the department KPI report daily to plant team.
• Ensure accurate and complete recording of operating paperwork.
• Investigate and develop corrective action plans for continual improvement within the quality department.
• Supervise trial runs of new products, trouble-shoot products on line, and to report findings to Process Development or Research groups.
• Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements
• Ensure safe work practices are followed. Identify and correct unsafe conditions and actions.
• Identify maintenance requirements, submit work orders and prioritize with the maintenance department.
• Ensure that quality procedures are accurate and adhered to by operators.
• Train operators on new procedures and provide refresher training on existing procedures.
• Responsible for specifying In Process Adjustments
• Performs the on the job training of new QC technicians
• Responsible for ensuring test method accuracy
• Maintains Quality Management of finished product by making and recording Usage Decisions in SAP.
• Requires the ability to perform all QC department positions through work overflow and vacation coverage situations.
• Maintains and improve housekeeping standards in the laboratory. Audits compliance to 5S standards.
• Responsible for completing laboratory EHS checklists and inspections
• Supports the current ISO quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual and procedures.
• Supports and delivers QM ALPS initiatives including use and update of metrics
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Working knowledge of SAP R/3.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Strong organization skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various employee groups, contractors and management.
• Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
• Requires daily contact with employees in other departments.
• Ability to work Shifts.
• Overtime coverage is required, particularly for short-notice absences of other Shift members
• May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, performs sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion.
• May use hand tools and operate fixed and mobile plant equipment. Wear personal protective equipment.
• High School diploma required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering preferred
• One to Two years of Supervisory Experience
• 5 years of QC lab testing preferred or experience in manufacturing plant.
• Research and formulation knowledge helpful