To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Williamsport, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Direct Care Worker - DCW
Aveanna Healthcare • Williamsport, PA
Posted 1 month ago
The Direct Care Worker provides personal care and/or related services in the home. She/he functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the program manager/or appropriate supervisor. The Direct Care Worker receives scheduling direction from the Client Services Coordinator.
- 18 years of age or older required
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED, or 2 years of relevant field experience required
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read and write English consistent with job requirements
- Completion of a training program consistent with state and federal requirement
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation and annual reevaluation
- Preferred completion of one year’s employment as a personal care aide, nurse’s aide or in another healthcare related field
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with client, client’s family, and the personnel of the company.
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
- Completion of the agency competency exam and training program
- Completion of all health screenings
- Satisfactory references and background screenings are obtained prior to hire
Tasks to be performed by a Personal Attendant must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of a Program Supervisor who will be responsible for the client care provided by the Personal Attendant. Under no circumstances may a Personal Attendant be assigned any responsibilities related to any intravenous procedures, or medication procedures involving the administration of oral, sublingual, subcutaneous, transdermal, topical or rectal medications.
Personal Attendant Tasks may include:
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene including bathing, grooming and dressing
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Assist the client with meals.
- Assists the client with transfers and ambulation with or without an assistive device
- Provides medication reminders
- Assists therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes
- Encourages the client to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
- Attempts to promote client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household
- Establishes a relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidence
- Maintains client/family confidentiality at all times
- Prepares a visit report on the day it is performed and incorporates into the clinical record weekly or as directed
- Reports any change in client’s mental or physical condition or in the client’s home situation to the company
- Carries out assignment as instructed by the programsupervisor and reports to the program supervisor when unavailable to do so
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the client.
- Participates in in-service education as required by company policy and by state and federal regulations
- Notifies the Company of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings which will affect agreed service with the Company