To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of PMG Mechanical Resources - Government Relations - East Coast
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL, INC • Washington, DC
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
International Code Council (ICC)
Director, Government Relations PMG Resources - Mechanical
The Director of PMG Activities reports to the Senior Vice President of Government Relations. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, directing and implementing programs to ensure the successful completion of the Government Relations goals and objectives as they apply to the International Mechanical Code and International Fuel Gas Code, and related services and programs of the International Code Council.
- Advocating and promoting activities to ensure positive outcome for ICC's goals
- Providing subject matter expertise to the Government Relations Staff and other ICC staff
- Developing briefing papers, guiding documents, talking points
- Reviewing and interpreting technical related materials
- Representing ICC in federal or state coalitions, task forces, committees, and councils where expertise in IMC and IFGC subjects is required Facilitating ICC's participation in private and public organizations
- Assisting Technical Services staff with code development and standards activities as assigned
- Developing and assisting the Government Relations field managers with written and oral testimony that supports adoption of the IMC and IFGC
- Advising on strategy to get IMC and IFGC adopted
- Testifying at public hearings
- Managing and developing relationships with peers in other organizations
- Working with field staff identify candidates for positions in state plumbing and mechanical boards
- Making presentations to government officials, design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties as assigned
- Representing the ICC at member meetings, conferences and trade shows as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Education / Experience / Location:
- Ability to Travel up to 50% throughout the assigned territory.
- At least 2 years of experience in policy or advocacy related fields preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, and proven ability to master other computer software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A proven history of delivering on commitments.
- Patience, understanding, independence, professionalism, reliability.
- The ability to use productively the knowledge, experience, and efforts of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Engineering Degree required