Tellers are responsible for processing transactions, assisting with customer inquiries and recognizing and referring sales opportunities to other bank representatives and/or lines of business when appropriate, while acting in compliance with bank policies and procedures. This position must understand the importance of accuracy and protocol in transactions within bank policy while creating an exceptional customer experience and mitigating risk for both the customer and the bank. Serves as the first point of contact and therefore, demonstrates Renasant Banks Sales and Service vision by providing excellent customer service and accurate completion of transactions.
Senior Tellers carry additional operational and sales performance goals and will often serve as the critical back-up to the Head Teller. Senior Tellers will lead by example and serve as a role model in the branch in all facets of the teller role.
RENASANT BANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
An effective Teller is capable of driving a best in class branch experience in 3 primary areas of responsibility: Service execution, sales execution, and operational excellence.
* Process customer transactions effectively and efficiently, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payoffs and draws, official checks, etc.
* Recognize/identify all customer needs, cues and clues in every transaction and properly refer customers to the platform for an additional needs based conversation
* Execute the Renasant Bank service standards in every customer and teammate interaction
* Understand and listen for customer issues and concerns and either own the problem or refer to a branch teammate who can help address the concern
* Maintain service knowledge standards in conjunction with related regulations, policies and procedures
* Execute daily operations including balancing, supplies ordering, balancing the ATM and vault and perform branch capture procedures
* Protect the bank from unnecessary risk by following compliance, risk and operational procedures
* Stay up-to-date and focused on all regulations, policies and procedures related to Teller and other branch operations
* Assist the Head Teller on additional operational procedures as necessary, including quarterly branch assessments
* May assist with coaching and mentoring, and serving as a role model in all areas of operations, for all teller teammates
* Other related duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1 year teller experience and/or previous cash handling experience preferred
* 6 months of customer service experience preferred
* Ability to communicate with customers and identify opportunities to help customers with their financial needs by identifying cues and clues while processing their transaction
* 10-Key skills
* Mathematical skills, including the ability to count cash and coin in a fast paced environment
* Good interpersonal skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of and the ability to learn bank products and solutions
* Ability to travel for training, other development opportunities, and between branches, as needed.
For all Senior Tellers:
* Minimum of one year successful teller experience, and;
* Minimum of one year previous back-up Head Teller experience required
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or sit; kneel, stoop, or squat; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The Bank's professional working environment requires employees to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Employees must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working closely with internal business partners and external clients. Employees may be exposed to confidential and propriety information within the working environment, therefore, must uphold confidentiality at all times. Due to the possibility of being exposed to high risk situations (i.e. robbery), detailed instructions and procedures are required to be followed at all times to safeguard the Bank's employees, customers, and assets.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions except for those that begin with the word "May".
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Demand Planning