Apex Systems is looking for a research associate for a biotech client in South Lake Union. See below and apply if interested!
- Design, carry out and interpret experiments with the supervision from the project lead scientist
- Operate histopathology equipment to help sample preparation for the project
- Write protocols, experimental summary reports, quality documents and other scientific literature associated with projects
- Organize and communicate results to the supervisor and team verbally and/or in writing. Present data in regular lab meetings and/or extended group meetings.
- Perform > 90% bench work on specified projects.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Deliver results under tight timelines.
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- B.S. in biology or a related discipline
- 0.5-2 years of hands-on experimental experience.
- Experience working with laboratory procedures is required. Specific experience in histopathology and NGS is preferred but not required.
- Experience in data analysis with Excel or any biostatistics software is preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178