Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To succeed in this position, a baseline understanding of various infusion related therapies is needed. These functions include interpreting, formulating, and dispensing of infusion and/or specialty drugs. Pharmacist clinical activities include therapy assessment, care planning, and medication reconciliation as they pertain to individual patients and the appropriate monitoring for effective care and positive patient outcome. This is a dynamic work environment and requires flexibility to meet business needs and adaptability to frequent changes. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members.
- Reviews medication orders and evaluates appropriateness and completeness of orders with consideration given to the special needs and behaviors of the specific age group served
- Verifies all prescriptions not directly received from the prescriber or physician’s agent
- Provides oversight of the safety, appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- Assesses the patient at the initiation of drug therapy, develops a patient care plan and drug monitoring regimen, and monitors the patient according to the care plan throughout the course of therapy
- Communicates with the patient, physician, nursing staff, other pharmacists, and other members of the health care team regarding patient status, response to therapy, and clinical objectives to ensure clinical outcomes are met
- Knowledgeable of the proper use and handling of home infusion therapies and hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations
- Ensures compliance with all FDA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, OSHA, and other regulatory standards; Follows all department policies and procedures
- Provides indirect oversight of pharmacy technician and pharmacy support staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Pharmacist license in good standing in the state of Arizona
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D degree
- 1+ years of experience working in a hospital, home infusion setting, or related healthcare environment
- Strong drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Knowledgeable in various infusion related therapies with ability to work through the complexity of therapy related orders; Ability to fill medication orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to navigate MS Office and a Windows based environment and able to create, edit, save, and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word; Ability to navigate Outlook and conduct Internet searches
- Able to work a flexible schedule and rotate being on call based on business needs
- Home Care or Home Infusion experience
- Clinical experience in hemophilia-based treatment plans and/or immune deficiency disease state management programs
- Experience with CPR+ pharmacy operating system
- Working knowledge of infusion delivery systems including pumps and venous access devices
“UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.”
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Home Infusion Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy, PharmD, RPh, Infusion Pharmacist, IV Therapy, Acute Care, Home Infusion, Home Health, Specialty Pharmacy, Optum, OptumRx, AZ167, Scottsdale, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona