To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC
- Kelsey Major
- Phone: 4105671327
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Java Web Application Developer
Aerotek • Durham, NC
Posted 4 days ago
Aerotek's Client is in need of a Java developer position to provide custom enhancements to retail solutions using Java technologies. Solutions include point of sale (POS), customer loyalty solutions, and mobile applications (Android, iOS). Many technologies are used including SaaS (Software as a Service), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), MoM (Message Oriented Middleware), cloud computing, Enterprise, and Desktop Java Development.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, and will be expected to design, develop, and test application code
- Ability to design with other developers in mind so that other team members can develop said design
- Ability to handle accelerating changes in pursuit of more innovative solutions
- Performing Unit and Functional Tests of product features
- Resolving Unit and Functional defects
- Providing technical interface to key technology partners
- Resolving customer or partner reported issues and defects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Object-oriented programming (Java required)
- 3+ years of Web Development experience
- 3+ years in Agile development environment
- Strong analytical and Java/OO programming skills (JDK8)
- Working knowledge in RESTful API Design & Development, MicroServices Architecture
- Working knowledge of Maven, Ant and Gradle
- Relational Database Experience (SQL)
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux WindRiver, Windows 7/Windows 10)
- Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, team work and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life-cycle, especially agile methodology
- Leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Requirement to work with people internationally
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users to demonstrate business value of Client offerings
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.