To effectively supervise and manage all kitchen operations; optimizing profits by controlling food costs, production, labor and increase sales through food quality, speed of service and accurately prepared food.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
* Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that areas of responsibility are staffed properly for all shifts.
* Staffs, trains and develops hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
* Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
* Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
* Follows the Bubble Theory to proactively run a shift and anticipate Guest needs.
* Follows the Hamburger Stand Theory, ensuring that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
* Carefully observes kitchen operations and addresses any issues out of alignment promptly and directly.
* Identifies operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
* Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
* Ensures food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, sanitation of food products.
* Coaches and develops talent.
* Demonstrates responsibility for purchasing, receiving and storing food products, inspection of local suppliers, use of correct products and proper par levels to minimize food waste and optimize food cost.
* Fosters open communication with kitchen and FOH staff.
* In the absence of the General Manager and as acting Manager on Duty, oversees the entire restaurant operation.
* Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets.
* Guest relations issues
* Vendor related issues
* Employee relations decisions with General Managers or Human Resources input as needed Customer service issues
* Ensures all Team Members adhere to recipe standards
* Team member hiring
* Team member terminations
* Sales and service objective strategies
* Recruiting strategies
Measures of Success
* Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
* Food cost waste
* Annual sales dollars achieved compared to budget
* Meeting or exceeding requirements for Ecosure Audit scores for the year
* Grow sales meet or exceed annual sales budget
* Team member turnover meets company requirements
* Meeting Labor Budget
* College coursework with Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of experience as a restaurant manager with extensive knowledge of restaurant operations preferred
* Prior experience in purchasing and production
* Previous kitchen experience preferred
* Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
* Frequent bending and stooping required
* Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be able to read and write English
* Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT: Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent for the kitchen in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and build top performing teams.
* Proactively identifies strong BOH candidates and "sells" Friday's in order to get the best talent on board.
* Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team.
* Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes.
* Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for the kitchen.
* Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job.
* Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them.
* Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success.
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Works closely with team members to observe performance and give clear, directed feedback to help them to grow and succeed.
* Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help team members reach their full potential.
* Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented.
* Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
* Helps to develop and execute plans for each team member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
* Ensures team members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
* Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team by living the TGI Friday's credo and values; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
* Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
* Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all team members with dignity and respect.
* Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
* Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others' needs.
* Plays an active role in the kitchen; rallies the staff in peak service periods and jumps in to help wherever needed.
* Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
* Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue.
* Encourages open, honest and timely communication among team members.
* Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff.
* Demonstrates effective listening by being available to team members and responding to needs and concerns.
* Communicates the "why" behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in.
* Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind.
* Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
* Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Precisely executes standards of food service and preparation and consistently ensures accountability for expedient, quality results from every member of the kitchen staff.
* Ensures 100% compliance with kitchen operating procedures, recipes, and health and safety regulations.
* Sets high standards and always looks to raise the bar.
* Makes quality and efficiency the top priorities in kitchen operations.
* Holds team members accountable to meet obligations.
* Does not allow any sub-par food to go out to the guest and holds kitchen staff accountable for their efforts.
* Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
* Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional guest experience.
* Models exemplary hospitality by doing everything they can to meet guest needs and requests.
* Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed guest expectations and create repeat visits.
* Effectively balances guest needs with the need to run an efficient profitable kitchen operation.
* Stays abreast of guest comments and utilizes guest feedback to improve kitchen performance.
* Shows awareness of kitchen operations and tries to head off any potential problems that could impact guest needs or enjoyment of their meal.
* Follows up to ensure that guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions.
* Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
* Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
* Draw important connections and consider both short and long-term implications of decisions.
* Right or wrong - shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
* Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
* Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation.
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Supports and champions major food and menu campaigns to the BOH staff in order to drive results and grow the brand.
* Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
* Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
* Build support and commitment among kitchen staff by explaining purpose and goals around menu changes and other major food initiatives.
* Understands new menu items and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff.
* Ensures that menu changes and updates are fully integrated into the kitchen operations and sustained over time.
* Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability.
* Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives.
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and the kitchen's role in meeting the bottom line.
* Analyzes financial profit and loss results, guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data.
* Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor kitchen performance and understands factors that affect success and growth.
* Supports the DO and GMs initiatives to grow business in their location.
* Ensures consistent quality and execution of food in order to help drive the brand and increase sales.
* Displays critical insight into the key drivers of business success.
* Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions.
DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT REPRESENTS THE ROLE OF A TGI FRIDAYS INC. EMPLOYEE. FRANCHISEES MAY INCLUDE DIFFERENT OR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE VERIFY ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE INTERVIEW.
Base Wage Minimum: $48,000
Base Wage Maxinum: $80,000
- Active Listening
- Customer Service
- Decision Making