To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Berkeley, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
In Home Care Provider
Maxim Healthcare Services • Berkeley, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Need a position that allows you to build your work schedule around your personal life and not the other way around? Looking for a position that will leave you feeling fulfilled at the end of the day? If you have a desire to help others in need, the Personal Care Assistant role with Maxim Healthcare may be the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Whether you want to take on a full time role supervising a special needs child, or spend a few hours a week with a disabled veteran, Maxim gives you the flexibility and tools to help others maintain their identity and lifestyle and make a positive impact in the life of another in need
Contact Maxim Healthcare at 510-982-3773 and start within a week!
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
• Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
•Reimbursement and/or on site CPR/First Aid training
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
• Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
The Companion Caregiver provides services to patients/clients in their places of residence that includes, but is not limited to, certain “hands-off” care. The provision of “hands-off” care as described above is contingent upon the licensing requirements of each state.
- Provides “hands off” care such as: providing and encouraging socialization, encouraging a mild exercise program, encouraging medication compliance through timely reminders to take medications, supervising the safety of the patient/client when bathing, toileting, and dressing, and assisting with grocery-shopping; and performing light housekeeping chores
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of all clients
- Performs other Companion Caregiver duties as assigned/necessary
Requirements- (Required before start of employment, but will not disqualify otherwise qualified candidate)
- Preferred - Current CPR/First Aid license, or willingness to possess one (reimbursable expense)
- Preferred- Current registration (or ability to complete with the California Home Care Aid Registry
- Preferred- One (1) year of experience as a Companion Care Homemaker/Companion Care Provider.
- Preferred- TB first step placed in the last year
- Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies
- Ability to carry out tasks in a professional manner and adhere to policies regarding professionalism and boundaries
- Must demonstrate a compassionate nature and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Awards and recognition programs