Home Instead Senior Care®Service Coordinator Job Description
The Service Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Service Coordinator is responsible for scheduling clients and CAREGiversSM in order to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships. This is a critical position that involves the following:
1. Creating and maintaining accurate client and CAREGiver schedules in our scheduling system
2. Reacting quickly to schedule changes
3. Frequently communicating with clients and CAREGivers
4. Resolving critical issues immediately
- Reflect the values of MD Services, Inc. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Create and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver schedules in our scheduling system, with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
- Resolve all open schedules in a timely manner, ensuring our clients receive the care they are expecting
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing our scheduling system.
- Follow up with all client and CAREGiver issues to ensure their problems are resolved.
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the scheduling system.
- Increase client loyalty to Home Instead Senior Care by utilizing the consultative sales process to better meet our current client needs.
- Follow up and communicate CAREGiver and client issues to ensure problems are resolved timely
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours to enhance and/or increase quality care.
- Field new client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner, enter the information into the software system and work with team to communicate and prepare for the Care Consultation.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Work at least 1 week per month 'on-call'. This entails answering calls after hours and on the weekend, and resolving any scheduling issues, client issues and service inquiries that arise
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Conduct Service Inquires and Care Consultations following the consultative sales process.
- Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- High school graduation or the equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- 1-3 years of Home Care experience preferred
- Experience with scheduling systems is required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by MD Services, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and deal with sudden changes and critical issues that can arise at any time
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively.
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment and office technology
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone, resolving issues with CAREGivers in a timely fashion
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends as required (see on-call respnsibilities)
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.