The Product Specialist tests, configures, and troubleshoots the XPIENT Solutions’ suite of products. A Product Specialist is a professional occupation that combines customer support and technical skills to design and promote a product for an organization. A Product Specialist is involved with a product's entire life cycle--from inception and construction to delivery. The product specialist is the go-to person for any questions related to their specialized product or market. The position can and will require travel. This position reports to the Product Manager.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Product Testing
- Product Configuration
- Product Documentation
- Provide Customer Support
- Product Training
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Interact, liaise, and communicate status updates through development cycles.
- Thoroughly test software releases and contribute to strategic product planning.
- Investigate reported software Bugs and provide technical analysis and other details to development.
- Stay abreast of industry issues and requirements.
- Provide pre-sales support including assisting in feature testing, configuration, customer presentations, meetings, high level design reviews.
- Create and/or maintain demonstration and test environments.
- Write user stories that support requested feature functionality representing multiple user personas.
Technically, the candidate would be:
- Proficient with SQL (Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, SQLite) and/or other relational database systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Web Services and surrounding technologies – HTML, XML, SOAP
- Experience with .NET
- Familiar with Scripting Languages – specifically Powershell and VBScript.
- Familiar with Enterprise-level reporting and Data Warehousing.
- Knowledgeable of core virtualization concepts, specifically VMWare
Education and Experience:
- A College Degree is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a software testing and support position.
- Restaurant experience is a plus.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
New Product Development